Been unable to shift an unpleasant smell upstairs especially in Megan and Clara's rooms. Also have been coughing up a lot of flem without being sick last few weeks, I had been assuming it was from lack of activity due to lack of employment. But massive mould growth all over Megan's room was the sign, I put a humidity meter top of our stairs and it claims 80% RH which is not good. It's never been a dry house, price of renting, but sustained 80% RH indoors is unhealthy. Going to try buying a semi permanent dehumidifier to try and reduce the mould growth around our bedrooms. I shouldn't need to run it for more than a few months as they're not cheap to run, once it gets cold enough outside the heating will lower RH for me until the Spring. I guess this is the price of a wet unsunny August, it lengthened the really damp part of the Irish Autumn.
|Go to previous entry||Go to next entry||Go back to the archive index||Go back to the latest entries|